• Producer for CNN news and entertainment podcasts. Contribute to scripting, researching, writing social copy, pulling archival audio, fact checking, creating guest bios and coordinating talent logistics.
• Provide critical day-to-day support to execute franchises and other content development initiatives for CNN Digital, such as CITIZEN. Assist in franchise development and track growth.
• Develop audience coordination strategy for town halls, debates and other pre-election events.
• For the non-profit’s podcast, “Coffee Break w/NYWICI”, pitch stories, book guests, edit interviews and co-coordinate pre and post-production plans.
• Advise executive producer/host with editorial structure and logistics.
• ‘Rock The Boat’ is a narrative podcast about Asian-Americans challenging the status quo and pursuing non-traditional careers.
• Write scripts that capture the essence of the interview and weave in topical research.
• Lead editorial calendar and oversee content creation.
• Assign stories to contributing writers, copyedit stories and publish to platform. Writer articles and moderate events with thought leaders (Ann Shoket, former Editor-in-Chief of Seventeen and CosmoGIRL!)
• Partner with founder/CEO on partnerships development and social strategy to expand community.
• Supported operational and editorial projects for Senior Vice President of Global Digital Video and GM/Vice President of CNN Business.
• Simultaneously co-produced CNN podcasts, developed audience coordination for town halls, published ‘Parts Unknown’ clips to CMS, assessed ongoing video sponsorships, assisted VR team with research and helped launch Anderson Cooper’s FB show.
Coordinator, NBCUniversal (Nov. 2015-Nov. 2016) New York, NY
• Supported the SVP of the Content Innovation Agency, NBCU’s in-house creative marketing agency.
• Assisted with NBCU Upfront production and tracked project growth for production teams.
• Project manager for awards.
Photography Production Assistant, Vanity Fair (March-Oct. 2015) New York, NY
• Produced and co-produced editorial photoshoots “Vanities”.
• Conducted confidential research for VF photo department and photographer Annie Leibovitz.
• Assisted pre-production for cover shoots and “VF Portrait”.
• Tracked shoot budgets and created call sheets.
Production Assistant, TODAY, NBC News (Feb. 2014-Feb. 2015) New York, NY
• Supported Executive Producers in the control room
• Aided Producers with guest and segment research.
• Built the 4-hour rundown (script for the show) and updated material for West Coast.
• Ran scripts to anchors and correspondents in time sensitive situations.
East Coast Page, NBCUniversal (May 2013-Feb. 2014)
New York, NY
• TODAY Plaza Assistant (Nov. 2013- Feb. 2014) Co-produced outdoor segments, researched stories.
• Weekend TODAY Green Room Assistant (Oct.-Dec. 2013) Assisted Stage Managers with logistics, ensured talent and guests arrived to studio on time, facilitated guests through H&M process.
• Network News Assistant (June- July 2013). Transcribed “State of Florida v. George Zimmerman”.
• Audience Coordinator: Assisted complex seating coordination for SNL and Late Night.
HONORS: JACL/Kakehashi International Leadership Program. Master’s thesis: Broadway minority representation.
PROFESSIONAL/VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATIONS: Turner: Corporate Responsibility, R.I.S.E. Leadership Program, TutorMate. AAJA, SPJ, United Women in Business (formerly VP of Digital Media),
SKILLS: Proficient in CMS, Premiere, Newsapps, MIRA, iNews, Keynote, Microsoft Office, Outlook
EDUCATION: Columbia University: M.S. Journalism. University of Maryland, College Park: B.A. Communication and B.A. English Literature.